Location: Cleveland, OH
Continental Building Company is seeking a Project Engineer for the Columbus headquarters office. This person will assist the Project Manager who provides overall management direction on a specific construction project. Project Engineer duties and responsibilities include:
- Submittals and shop drawings – review and approve, log and organize at the jobsite or in the main office location
- RFI's – log, review, submit (collect, process and issue)
- Job meeting agenda, meeting minutes
- Notify subcontractors of plan revisions and RFI’s
- Estimate / take-off and review subcontractor change order pricing, notify subcontractors of construction document / plan changes and RFI’s, contact subs for all pricing
- Maintain updated construction documents:
- Keep the site office 'as-built' set updated
- Update on-site plans with all plan revisions (bulletins and addendums)
- Order revision sets for the subs and suppliers
- Update documents on the Electronic Document Management Website
- Photo documentation / site photos
- Assist with scheduling and schedule updates
- Assist in bidding process
- Assist with scoping bidders / buy-out process
- Assist with writing contracts / purchase orders
- Assist superintendents to verify materials / deliveries are correct and match plans and specifications
- Assist superintendents as needed
Desired Skills & Experience
Candidates for this position must be self starters and capable of managing others as well as their own time. Responsibilities include pre-construction development, bidding, negotiating and assisting with writing subcontracts, scheduling, understanding of cost accountability and administering and enforcing the company's safety program. Travel is likely and candidate must be able to work out of town.
- College degree required.
- Construction Managment/Engineering/Architectural degree desirable but not required.
- Communication, organization, and management skills.
- Ability to build and update project CPM schedules.
- Ability to assist with administration of project pre-construction activities including estimating, buyout, scope review and award of projects.
- Ability to assist with administration of project coordination meetings with Owner / AE and subcontractors.
- Ability to assist with management of project punch out and close out.
- Ability to assist with subcontracts, change orders, owner change order requests, purchase orders, RFIs.
- Ability to assist with producing and managing monthly job cost reports and projections.
- Desired computer software experience includes:
- Timberline Precision Estimate Software
- Microsoft Project Scheduling Software
- Microsoft Office
- Primavera P-6 Scheduling Software
If interested in this posting, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org