There are hundreds and sometimes thousands of critical tasks and deliverables that are produced during the course of a commercial construction project. Yet the two most important factors to getting them all done right is leadership and communication. Continental Building Co. leads projects by using a collaborative process, while communicating openly, honestly, candidly, and often. Our team ensures that everyone is aware of how decisions and changes affect the final budget and schedule. We lead, plan, coordinate, manage and control all aspects of construction while ensuring safety and quality. We supervise everything from subcontractor prequalification and buy-out to commissioning and close-out. Whether our contract is as a construction manager, general contractor, or design-builder, we work in partnership with owners to proactively manage project risk and produce steadfast results.
- Construction Leadership & Management
- Project Communications: meetings, progress reports, Bluebeam, project portal for real-time documentation of bulletins, submittals, RFI’s, etc. (accessible by owner)
- Rigorous 7-Step Subcontractor Prequalification by fulltime Risk Manager
- CPM Scheduling and Management
- Cost Management with Real-Time Cost Reporting
- Field Supervision and On-Site Coordination
- Quality Management, including use of Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, BIM 360 Field & Glue, Navisworks Manage & Freedom, and other modeling/analytics tools
- Safety Leadership & Management, OSHA VPP Certified
- Sustainability/LEED Certification Management
- Close-Out, Commissioning & Turnover, using Spectrum software for easy & fast delivery of final documentation
- Post Construction Services
CBC ensured effective communication between myself and other OPRS staff and the architects and engineers involved on both our projects. The on-site project manager has done a great job of managing on-site issues, communicating with local management, and ensuring resident and staff safety in the midst of the construction activities.
KENNETH A. KEMPER, EVP PROJECT DEVELOPMENT