A project’s success does not begin in the field. Rather, it is the forethought, planning and intense scrutiny of every detail in the preconstruction phase that will lay the groundwork for success so that construction can proceed efficiently and smoothly. Starting a project with a well vetted budget, a realistic schedule, and a high-performing team who works hand-in-hand with the owner and architect to deliver a great design with high quality documents, is what creates a reliable path toward project success. Our expert preconstruction associates utilize a quality-driven, open-book process that uncovers project encumbrances and refines variables early so that owners can make the most informed decision. It is this integration of intensive process and talented people that allows our clients to advance their projects into the construction phase with trust and confidence.
- Team Expectations Definition & Alignment
- Risk Analysis / Mitigation
- Site Analysis, Selection and Due Diligence
- Cost Estimating, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Constructability / Design Review, including use of Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, BIM 360 Field & Glue, Navisworks Manage & Freedom, and other modeling/analytics tools
- Value Analysis on the implications of alternate designs
- Budget Targeting thru Evaluation of Design and Material Solutions
- Bidding Strategies, e.g., design assist, design build, hard bid, etc.
- Strategic Buy-Out Planning & Recommendations
- Logistics, Phasing & Safety Planning
- Project Master Scheduling
- LEED / Sustainability Evaluation & Recommendations
I appreciate Continental Building Co.’s project team and their attention to detail and ‘developer’s’ mentality that is absent from the majority of your competitors. Your team has always had an understanding of the entire project, from initial concept to the equally important final touches (and cost) of the landscaping.
RICHARD S. DONLEY
CHASKA PROPERTY ADVISORS