In order to maximize our owners’ investments, great efforts are given to the planning and implementation of quality on our projects. From preconstruction, to subcontractor selection, and throughout construction, quality is given our full attention. We want your finished building to provide its occupants with plenty of positive impressions and not a single nuisance issue.
- We work closely with the architects and engineers in preconstruction to precisely define even the smallest design details and ensure clear and concise documents. This thoughtful process results in lowering subcontractor bids and eliminating costly rework during the construction phase.
- We employ a fulltime Risk Manager who applies a stringent, 7-step prequalification process in order to secure, maintain and renew qualifications prior to awarding any contracts.
- We develop project-specific quality plans before work begins in the field. It formalizes quality metrics for consistency and is built from our database of lesson learned and best practices. These plans often require building mock-ups for specific materials or scopes of work, including third-party building enclosure testing and verification.
- We hold Pre-Installation QA-QC Conferences with each trade contractor. These conferences include architect/engineering participation and delineate accountability in regard to safety, schedule, manpower, and quality expectations.
- We conduct quality audits. To ensure effectiveness and compliance, audits are completed by the project manager and project executive throughout the duration of the project to confirm that quality control measures, previously identified for each project, are being verified in the field.
Not only were the student housing units delivered on-time for the students, CBC maintained a very high quality level of construction; even through one of the most difficult winters in recent history and in a jurisdiction that has one of the most notoriously difficult building code enforcement agencies. The CBC staff is extremely capable and professional. We are pleased with the outcome of our project with CBC.
DAVID E. MEESE, PARTNER
CIRCLEVILLE ROAD PARTNERS, LP